Write Chinese - Word Structure
Word Stroke Types:
Strokes are categorized into 8 basic forms. They are basic components of
- 点 (diǎn): a small dot
- 横 (héng): Horizontal
stroke, write from left to right.
- 竖 (shù): Vertical
stroke, write from top to bottom.
- 撇 (piě): Diagonal
stroke, falling from right to left.
- 捺 (nà): Diagonal stroke,
falling from left to right.
- 折 (zhé): short horizontal stroke followed by short vertical
- 钩 (gōu): hook appended to other strokes
- 提 (tī) : Diagonal
stroke, rising from left to right.
Chinese Word Structures
There are 5 basic structures for Chinese words.
- Top-down Structure: 吕, 古
- Left - Right Structure: 理, 辣
- Independent Structure: 刀, 木
- Encompressing Structure: 国, 回
- Semi-Encompressin Structure:
- 同, 厉, 尼
- 凶, 近, 延
- 匹, 匠
Chinese Stroke Order Rules
Basic Structure Rules:
1. Left -right structure,Left part first, then right part:
2. Top- bottom structure, Top part first, then bottom part :
3. Emcompressing Structure: outside first, then inside, then close the encompressment.
4. Sem-encompressing Structure:
a. outside first, then inside;
b. inside first, then outside :
c. top first, then inside, then left-bottom:
Basic Stroke Order Rules:
1. 横 first, then 竖 :
2. 撇 first, then 捺 :
3. if 点 on the middle top or left-top of the word, write it first.
4. if 点 at the right top or inside of the word, write it later.
Stroke Order Dictionary
You may check
the stroke order here. This is stroke order
dictionary, which provides commonly used 2499 chinese word stroke orders,
real pronounciation, PINYIN.